Re: [Xlog-discussion] Re: Xlog-discussion Digest, Vol 72, Issue 2

From: Jan Ditzian
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] Re: Xlog-discussion Digest, Vol 72, Issue 2
Date: Sun, 03 Jan 2010 18:10:47 -0500

gMFSK uses the old OSS interface to the sound hardware. Support for
that has been less than optimal in distributions for some time
now. (There are also other problems besides problems with concurrent
access, like poor sample rate conversions, clicks in the sound stream
etc.)

I'm assuming fldigi uses native ALSA or some other more modern
access method to the sound hw.

So until I get around rewriting gMFSK, you should probably use
fldigi.

Jan, KX2A

/Tomi, oh2bns

Tomi,

This is about the most authoritative, straightforward answer to a question that I have ever received.

Thank you,

Jan, KX2A