[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[Xlog-discussion] Data loss

From: Jon Kåre Hellan
Subject: [Xlog-discussion] Data loss
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2009 15:43:45 +0200
User-agent: Thunderbird (X11/20090817)

A few days ago, I reported that xlog had lost QSOs for me this summer.

Unfortunately, it happened again this weekend, during SAC. All QSOs from the last 6 hours of the contest - 252 QSOs in all - were missing after I closed xlog.

This time, the system hadn't been stressed at all - there was no browser or mail program running. There was no thrashing, and xlog was closed in the regular way.

The system is a Debian sid on a 2002 vintage IBM Thinkpad T-23 with a 1.13 GHz Pentium III CPU and 384 megs of memory. xlog version is 2.0.3-1.

The way I work is to log the contest in my regular log, and export the relevant part afterwards. The log goes back to Jan. 1. 2009. Before the contest, there were 3245 QSOs in it. I worked 831 QSOs. 579 survived, the final 252 were lost, bringing the size of the log to 3824. The 2004-2008 log is in another tab - size 6048 QSOs.

I tried to check if it was a straight size issue, but that isn't what it looks like. I added more than 300 QSOs manually, one by one, but that wasn't enough to reproduce.

Jon LA4RT, Trondheim, Norway

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]