Re: [Xlog-discussion] Any further integration between Xdx and Xlog?

From: Ed
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] Any further integration between Xdx and Xlog?
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 2009 11:02:38 -0400

Chris Story wrote:
Joop,

That is great news! One point to consider is that many dx cluster users simply just monitor the cluster and use another logger. They might not make the connection that xlog is now xlog/xdx, And loose "customers", If your intention is to reduce management overhead by merging, it is well understood ( I also am a Linux developer, and have a full time development job, time is a premium). Maybe just show xdx as frozen

If you need any assistance, please let me know.

Chris story
K6RWJ

I agree, please consider freezing XDX. One feature I discovered by accident is of great use to me in a RTTY contest. I use fldigi as my digital modem and I found if I enable hamlib in XDX and dble-click the spot it will move fldigi to the QRG as well as the rig. XDX has been around a long time and other than colrdx there just is not a stand alone cluster client available for Linux.

On another note, can you or anyone else tell me why I keep dropping a connection with clordx ? This is via an internet connection not rf.

I have to set the keep alive in XDX or the same thing happens there.

I see this in Debian as well as Ubuntu.

Thanks for all of your work Joop.

73

Ed W3NR