Re: [Xlog-discussion] Possible Bug and Feature Request

From: Joop Stakenborg
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] Possible Bug and Feature Request
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 2009 16:04:49 +0200

Op donderdag 02-07-2009 om 19:39 uur [tijdzone -0700], schreef Ron
Patterson:
> I am Ron W6FM and this is my first post to the group. I have been a
> linux user since 1996. I have had at least one server running ever
> since. I have played with the desktop from time to time but the some of
> the applications I needed were not there. A friend of mine has been
> trying to get me to install Ubuntu. I installed Hardy 8.04.2 and
> discovered xlog. This is one of the apps that I have been waiting for. I
> installed ver1.6 and configured it to use hamlib. Then I discovered that
> the current version was 2.02. I downloaded the source and it built just
> fine. Thanks Joop for your hard work. This is a very nice logger.

Thanks Ron for telling me, it is much appreciated.

> I am a VHF/UHF op and I have 10,000 qsos logged. I imported them from an
> ADIF file without any problems. I wanted to check my grid totals by
> band, so I went to Settings>Dialog and Windows>Scoring and checked the
> VHF/UHF bands and Show Grids boxes. Then I enabled the scoring window
> and clicked on the grid tab. The bands I selected were not there. I
> closed the scoring window and re-opened it with the same result. Only
> after I restarted the program did my selected bands appear in the grid
> tab. You might want to have a look at it.

Thanks for the report, will have a look!

> My feature request involves the export feature. I wanted to print some
> qsl labels for cards I have recently received. They are spread
> throughout my log. Printing labels for every qso in a given range would
> be very wasteful. How would you feel about setting a flag on a given
> entry and then adding a export function based on that flag? You could
> even use the qsl sent field in the log. Say set it to R for printing
> requested and reset it to X after the printing is done? That way you
> would not have to add an extra field to the log.

Okay, seems do-able to me. I will try to add it in version 2.1. But
first we need to fix some bugs in the 2.0 series.

> Thanks again and 73,
>
> Ron W6FM

Regards,
Joop PG4I