Re: [Xlog-discussion] anyone having trouble compiling 1.9?

From: Joop Stakenborg
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] anyone having trouble compiling 1.9?
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 10:51:40 +0100

Op zondag 11-01-2009 om 02:53 uur [tijdzone +0000], schreef Matt Dawson:

> Thanks, Joop, that's much appreciated. Just for my own peace of mind, does
> anyone else have this issue, or is it FreeBSD specific? It's odd, because I'm
> not missing gettext:
>
> [...]
> pkg_add hamlib-1.2.8_1.tbz
> pkg_add gettext-0.17_1.tbz
> pkg_add glib-2.16.5_1.tbz
> [...]
>
> and configure is being called with --with-included-gettext (which it really
> doesn't need; NLS is the default and you have to specifically disable it,
> according to the readme) but I'm still getting:

The --with-included-gettext needs a "intl" directory in the xlog source
tree. I have removed it a long time ago, because I did not see any use
for it. So you should not use this flag I guess, but depend on the
external gettext support. Can you please try building without
with-included-gettext?

> checking for GNU gettext in libintl... no
> checking whether to use NLS... no
> disabled updating of the mime database
>
> Most peculiar. It's definitely there:
>
> pkg_info -W /usr/local/lib/libintl.so.8
> /usr/local/lib/libintl.so.8 was installed by package gettext-0.17_1
>
> Anyway, I shall hold off updating the port until we've decided one way or
> another if there's an error.
>
> Best regards,

Joop PG4I