[Xlog-discussion] Contest message forwarding

From: Jon K Hellan
Subject: [Xlog-discussion] Contest message forwarding
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 15:19:33 +0100

Hi

There is a Norwegian contest where you forward the last message received.

Me: 599 ABC    LA9XX: 599 XYZ
next QSO
Me: 599 XYZ    LA1YY: 599 FOO
etc.

I implemented this in xlog. Is there any interest in including the patch?

Details:
1. We need a way to invoke the functionality. Quite arbitrarily, I chose '~' in
the keyer and the defaults
dialog to stand for last message received. xlog already uses % for my call, @
for his call, etc. May be we want
something like $LASTMSG instead of grabbing a character for each new function.
2. We need to initialize the message for the first contest QSO. This could be
another preference field,
an init file preference without a GUI, or an environment variable.

Or may be the functionality is too exotic to be of interest?

73
Jon LA4RT