Re: [Xlog-discussion] How about a callsign server lookup button to open

From: Leigh L. Klotz, Jr WA5ZNU
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] How about a callsign server lookup button to open the page in your browser?
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 21:44:00 -0700

I have the XML lookup code in fldigi. It uses a fairly anemic XML library called irrxml, because fldigi has a low-memory version.
You could start from there since it's GPL as is xlog.
The screen-scraping (non-subscription) version tends to break every now and then when QRZ.com decides to change things.
Leigh/WA5ZNU
Hi Joop, et. al.,

I'm wondering if there is a good reason why we can't have a button that
will allow you to automate the process of copying and pasting the call
sign of the station you are working into Firefox (or whatever your web
browser is) so you can see the data on a call sign server like qrz.com
or hamcall.net, or any of the other call sign servers.
I realize having a URL that is hard coded into the program makes it very
susceptible to changes webmasters make to things.  To get around this,
we could have a preference setting that would allow you to construct a
URL, where CALL would be replaced with the call of the station you are
looking up.  For example the URL for qrz.com for my call (kl7na) is:

http://www.qrz.com/kl7na

What do you all think of this idea?

73,

Rob, KL7NA