Re: [Xlog-discussion] Xlog w/ Hamlib Enabled

From: Gary Mackey
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] Xlog w/ Hamlib Enabled
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 13:43:17 -0400

Hi -

>On Sun, Jun 15, 2008 at 3:12 PM, Stephane Fillod <address@hidden> wrote:
> The best way to understand any trouble with remote control is to use
> 'rigctl' from Hamlib. Pass the options "-vvvvvv -m 323 -C rts_state=ON" ...
> and see what the traces says. You may join the hamlib-developer mailing
> list to ask for more help.

I was finally able to get xlog talking to my radio by swapping my
generic serial port CI-V cable with a USB CI-V interface I had as a
spare. I'm a little confused why this solved the problem since the
serial port interface works fine when the same PC is running under
Windows and using Windows based logging/rig control programs. And I
had used this same serial port CI-V interface several years ago on a
Mandrake 9, and then a FC2 system using xlog and hamlib at that time.
My TTY ports appear to be fine on the current Unbuntu system. I'm
currently TTYS1 to successfully key my radio for fldigi. But I must
admit this is not the same PC that I was using 4 or 5 years ago. The
new PC has no on-board serial ports and I had to install a 4 serial
port PCI card to use my legacy serial devices.

Thanks to who replied.

73,
...Gary,K8EHB