[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [Xlog-discussion] TSV export

From: John B. Egger
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] TSV export
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2007 21:14:48 +0000
User-agent: Thunderbird (X11/20070902)

Joop Stakenborg wrote:
Op zondag 09-12-2007 om 00:33 uur [tijdzone +0000], schreef John B.
John B. Egger wrote:
Using xlog 1.5 on a new Kubuntu setup, and the first time I tried a TSV export the output was missing "Power" and one of my defined columns. Both are checked in the TSV export "preferences." Everything was exported fine in my previous (Xandros) setup. Any suggestions?

Xlog-discussion mailing list

I have discovered that if I include QSLIn/Out in my log and select it for export, PWR (the next field in the log) is actually exported (QSL is not). Plenty of experimentation shows the same result: Without QSL but with PWR and Name in the log, selecting PWR and Name for export produces only Name, and if PWR is deleted from the export list Name disappears from the TSV file.

Somehow the fields (columns) are being misnumbered or misidentified... but I don't know enough to track it down.

Does the log you are trying to export have the power field?
If the field is missing a single TAB is written, without data.

Also, check the value of 'saveastsv2' in $HOME/.xlog/preferences.xml. It
is a comma separated string, '0' if the field should not get exported,
'1' if it should. Starts at the first field (DATE).

I have done some tests here, it seems to work fine. Can't explain why
you are having problems with this...

--John K3GHH

Joop PG4I

Thanks, Joop... My log pane shows 12 fields (plus QSO number): Of the 18 available for export, I selected the first 8, (skip 3), Power, (skip 3), and the last 3 (two user-named fields, and "remarks"). But my "saveastsv2" showed eight 1's, two 0's, 1, three 0's, 1, 0, 1, 1. It looks to me as if the string should have had 8 1's, 3 0's, 1, 3 0's, and 3 1's.

There is also an Xlog 1.4 installed on this machine but I assume it uses the same preference file; using it made no difference.

I tried editing saveastsv2 as I think it should be, but so far to no effect. I'll keep playing with it. I took a screenshot with part of the log at the top and, underneath it, what the TSV export (opened as a .csv text spreadsheet) looks like in StarOffice. Resolution isn't very high on tinypic but maybe you can get the idea.


--John K3GHH

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]