Re: [Xlog-discussion] Xlog Keyer Bug....

From: Rob Frohne
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] Xlog Keyer Bug....
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2007 09:00:53 -0700

Hi Joop,

What echo feature are you talking about in cwdaemon?  Here posted below
are the commands from cwdaemon's README file:

        After starting, the program detaches from its controlling
        terminal,
        after that the program can be controlled via its network udp
        input port.

        The message formats are:

        <ESC>"0"                 Reset to default values
        <ESC>"2"<"speed value">  Set keying speed (5 ... 60 wpm)
        <ESC>"3"<"tone value">   Set sidetone (300 ... 1000 Hz)
        <ESC>"3"<"0">            Sound off
        <ESC>"4"                 Abort message
        <ESC>"5"                 Stop (Exit) the daemon
        <ESC>"6"                 Set uninterruptable (word- ) mode for
        simulator
        <ESC>"7"<"weight value"> Set weighting (-50 ... 50)
        <ESC>"8"<"device">       Set device for keying (same as -d)
        <ESC>"9"<"port number">  Obsolete
        <ESC>"a"<"0|1">          PTT keying off or on
        <ESC>"b"<"0|1">          SSB signal from microphone or soundcard
        <ESC>"c"<"x">            Tune x seconds long (limit = 10
        seconds)
        <ESC>"d"<"delay">        PTT on delay 0..50 (0 .. 50ms)
        <ESC>"e"<"bandindex">    Band info output on pins 2, 7, 8, 9 of
        the parport
                                 (pin 2 = lsb, 9 = msb, e.g. 1000 =
        160m, 1001 = 10m)
        <ESC>"f"<"sound device"> Set sound device, same as -x.
        <ESC>"g"<"volume">       Set soundcard volume (0 .. 100).
        <ESC>"h"<"opt.text">     Cwdaemon replies "h" and optionaly text
        to logging
                                 program when playing is done.
        Any message              Send morse code message  (max 1
        packet!)
        qrz de pa0rct ++test--   In- and decrease speed on the fly in 2
        wpm steps
        de d~l~2~w~r~j pse k     Add half-space delay after each
        character

        Default startup values
        ----------------------
        Speed = 24 wpm
        Tone = 800 Hz
        Sound = on
        Wordmode = off
        Weight = 0
        UDP port = 6789
        PTT delay = 0 (off)
        Device = parport0
        Sound Device = console

Also, the ESCAPE key or STOP button flushes the buffer so that it stops
at the end of the element (dit or dah) instead of the end of the
character.  To use that way of editing the buffer will cause errors in
keying.After starting, the program detaches from its controlling
[...]

Am I missing something?  I hope so.

Thanks so much for the help with this.  I know how it is being the only
developer of a program.  I'm happy to put a fix in for you, but after my
inspection, it looks like the place it needs to go is unixcw, and then
changes propagate out from there.  I think the problem is not with Xlog
or cwdaemon.  I am hoping to hear from Simon.  He may be able to solve
my dilemma easily.  Or maybe the feature you mention in cwdaemon didn't
make it into the readme, and my quick perusal of unixcw missed something
there.

Thanks again & 73,

Rob

--