Re: [Xlog-discussion] Documenting cabrillo import

From: Joop Stakenborg
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] Documenting cabrillo import
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 01:34:20 +0200

Op maandag 11-06-2007 om 09:01 uur [tijdzone -0600], schreef Jacob
Anawalt:
> Hello,
>
> I'm looking over cabrillo.c and the xlog mailing lists to put together
> some documentation of the process.
>
> I've built a git tree of the source from CVS (I'll post about the
> process another time) and am attaching a diff of what I've written so
> far. MANUAL appears to have become manual.tex, so that is where I've put
> my changes (no TeXpert, and hardly a novice, so I may not be doing
> things right).

You did alright. There were no errors ;-) committed to CVS.

I have switched to html documentation for the next version. The idea was
to use both latex2html and pdflatex to generate a nice set of documents
which you can either view in a web-browser or pdf reader. In reality the
documentation images don't scale very well: scaling in latex sucks, the
images end up looking really bad.

So we now have html docs generated from a latex file with images in
their orginal size. That's it.

> Feedback is appreciated.

Thanks for the docs!

Regards,