Re: [Xlog-discussion] Hamlib support in 1.4

From: Joop Stakenborg
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] Hamlib support in 1.4
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 20:29:56 +0100

On Tue, 6 Feb 2007 16:34:08 -0600
Nate Bargmann <address@hidden> wrote:

> * Joop Stakenborg <address@hidden> [2007 Feb 06 02:54 -0600]:
>
> > I have just uploaded 1.5 to unstable ;-)
>
> Okay, just updated and have 1.5 installed now.  No real change.  I see
> the CAT icon flash on the radio once when the Preferences dialog is
> closed, but other than that, nothing.  When I do a Hamlib trace it
> scrolls up the screen, but the file now only captures the following:
>
> rig:rig_init called
> ft920_init called
> rig:rig_open called
> ft920_open called
> ft920_open: write_delay = 50 msec
> ft920_open: post_write_delay = 5 msec
> ft920_get_vfo called
> ft920_get_update_data called
> ft920_get_update_data: read pacing = 1
> TX 5 bytes
> 0000     00 00 00 01 0e .....
> ft920_send_static_cmd called
> TX 5 bytes
> 0000     00 00 00 01 fa .....
> RX 8 bytes
> 0000     00 20 10 00 00 00 08 00        . ......
> ft920_get_update_data: read 8 bytes
> ft920_get_vfo: vfo status_0 = 0x00
> ft920_get_vfo: vfo status_1 = 0x20
> ft920_get_vfo: set vfo = 0x01
> rig:rig_close called
> ft920_close called
> rig:rig_cleanup called
> ft920_cleanup called
>

> It looks to me that when the Hamlib trace closes, it closes the rig
> again, but nothing shows on the display.

That's right. In order to stop tracing I need to close the rig and
open it again with another debug level. It can't be done while
the rig is open.

> Interestingly, with XLog open and setup for Hamlib, opening gMFSK
> doesn't cause any error and gMFSK successfully uses Hamlib to talk to
> my FT-920.
>
> > Did you try setting the polling time to a large value?
> > You can also disable polling and use ctrl+k to get rig info.
> > See what that gives...
>
> I tried 1500, 1000, 500, and no difference.

Okay, next thing I can think of is that set_conf doesn't work.
I have never checked it on my rig.
I will test it next week, will set my rig to some other baud rate and
see if I can talk to it with "serial_speed=some_value" in the
preferences dialog. That should be a good test.

> 73, de Nate >>
>
> --
>  Wireless | Amateur Radio Station N0NB          |  Successfully Microsoft
>   Amateur radio exams; ham radio; Linux info @  | free since January 1998.
>              http://www.qsl.net/n0nb/           |  "Debian, the choice of
>              My Kawasaki KZ-650 SR @            |     a GNU generation!"
>         http://www.networksplus.net/n0nb/       |   http://www.debian.org