Re: [Xlog-discussion] export to adi

From: Joop Stakenborg
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] export to adi
Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 19:28:56 +0200

On Tue, 9 May 2006 18:22:45 +0200 (CEST)
Daniel Schlieper <address@hidden> wrote:

> Dear xlog developers,
>
> first of all, many thanks for developing xlog, my favourite logging
> program! I use xlog in combination with gmfsk, but also on its own (for
> SSB contacts).
>
> When I export the xlog file to adif, I lose the information of the
> frequency or band. The adi file has <BAND:1>? instead of <BAND:2>2M. It is
> easy to repair that with emacs, but I wonder if I have a broken xlog
> installation or if the problem is a bug?

Yup, it's a bug. I just haven't though about adding 2 meters to ADIF export. I
guess your 2 meter log in xlog shows something like: 144.320 for band
information?

You can do 2 things:
Open the 'dialogs' window (ctrl+b). On the second page uncheck the ADIF option.
Hopefully, xlog will now export to "FREQ" instead of "BAND" and your problems
may be gone.

The second option is to change the source code. Somewhere around line 420 of
src/logfile/adif.c add a line with:
case 144 ... 148: return "2M";
just after:
case 50 ... 54: return "6M";

recompile and re-install :)

> Best regards, Daniel, M0ERA, Oxted, Surrey

Regards,
Joop PG4I