Re: [Xlog-discussion] design of the score window

From: Peter Laws
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] design of the score window
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 21:17:36 -0600

On 12/29/05, brian <address@hidden> wrote:

> I don't know how the "notebook" works, but that may
> be the way to solve the VHF issues.

The question was about DXCC and that's only awarded for 6 and 2 (above
HF).  VUCC is another award entirely (but you can get it for 6 and
2!).

> As for PSK31, DXCC is granted for digital modes only,
> not one for PSK31 and one for RTTY and one for packet, etc.

The League is funny about how they handle this.  For DXCC, it's
"RTTY", but they say that "Baudot, ASCII, AMTOR and packet count as
RTTY" ...  no mention of any other digital modes, tho' I'm failry sure
they accept them.

For WAS, OTOH, they have a Digital award that covers "any" digital
mode, but if you apply for the RTTY award, it's numbered where the
rest aren't ...  Someone needs to straighten some stuff out at
Newington ...

But enough of that.

I think if you're going to somehow track awards then the only two
choices are 1) just mark the country/entity without going into bands
and modes (i.e. mixed) or 2) do them all.    The former is justifiable
since there are *so many* awards.  OTOH, if you try to pick and choose
bands and modes, there will always be complaints ...

--
Peter Laws | N5UWY/9 | plaws0 gmail | Travel by Train!

"They that can give up essential Liberty to
obtain a little temporary safety deserve
neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin