Re: [Xlog-discussion] Import from Logger32.adi

From: Peter Laws
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] Import from Logger32.adi
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 13:35:41 -0500

On 8/26/05, JACrux <address@hidden> wrote:
> Thanks for that Arne
>
> I think your message did not go to the Xlog group so I include it below.
> Why does anyone need to log time in seconds  ??? .... I have never used
> seconds because my watch and my pc clock are never that accurate; I need to
> check against the atomic standard time from MSF. Then I reset the pc time.
> (My shack pc runs 24/7.)

Agreed that seconds are silly in a ham log, but you PC *should* be
that accurate!

Assuming you're running GNU/Linux on the shack PC, make sure the NTP
client is set up to get time from an external source.  See
http://ntp.org/ for public clocks.

MacOS 9 and X have NTP clients as do (I believe) MS-Windows 2k and XP.
 If you got an older MS-Windows OS, like 98SE which I have, google for
automachron, which while not a full NTP client, will at least
periodically sync your PC.

--
Peter Laws | N5UWY/9 | plaws0 gmail | Travel by Train!

'They that can give up essential Liberty to
obtain a little temporary safety deserve
neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin