[Xlog-discussion] lost QSO's after adif import

From: Alan D. Snyder KF3B
Subject: [Xlog-discussion] lost QSO's after adif import
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 10:30:06 -0400

Hi

Am new to xlog and to the mailing list.

Just began testing Xlog 1.2.2 on FC3 loaded via rpm xlog-1.2.2-1.i386.rpm
rpm -qa | grep gtk2-2 yields gtk2-2.4.14-3.fc3

this problem is reproducable and non intermittent

exported an ADIF file containing 23,270 qso's from DX4WIN (version 6.04).  used standard adif export filter, then copied the adif file to  ~/.xlog/ on this Linux box (via smbclient)

launched xlog
did Log -> Open -> set type of log to adif and clicked the adif file name and opened the file

after load, the status line on the bottom of the window says, correctly, "23270 QSO's found" and browsing through the qso's looks reasonable (except for name, which I mention later)

then Log -> SaveAs changed to an xlog type, entered a name and saved file

then log -> quit

then launch xlog, open the xlog file and I see only 14,858 qso's despite having saved all qso's from the adif file ...

problem where did qso 14859 through 23270 go?

also, my next question to the group will be how to populate the name field in xlog as I systematically set the first token in dx4win's per call note field to the op's name.  I know, rtfm, but which fm? (hi)

am pretty much a writelog appliance user and do little with it except for recording non-contest QSO's.

In advance, thanks for your help.

73,
Alan KF3B