Re: [Xlog-discussion] xlog problems

From: Joop Stakenborg
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] xlog problems
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 09:13:22 +0200

Op ma, 11-04-2005 te 09:28 +0100, schreef Matt Dawson:

> > When I log, I get "14" for the band.  I'd like "14.014.2" or something
> > similar.
>
> That's why it's called band and not frequency. You would have to speak to
> Joop
> to change this behaviour.

Did you enable the editbox instead of the optionmenu in the preferences
dialog -> modes/bands page? A frequency display like 14.014.2 is pretty
much useless I think, because it doesn't mean anything. You should
either expect something like 14.0142 or 14.014 from xlog and the hamlib
backend.

> > My rig clock is set to UTC.  I notice the logging program decided
> > that UTC is on daylight savings time and subtracts an hour from
> > my computer time to my log time.  Not really what I want my log
> > to do.

I have never had people report this kind of problem. Not sure what is
wrong. xlog sets the TZ environment variable to GMT on startup, so all
the time entries should be GMT.

What distribution are you using?