Re: [Xlog-discussion] New to list - questions

From: Joop Stakenborg
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] New to list - questions
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 18:41:05 +0100

Op wo, 19-01-2005 te 16:12 -0600, schreef Peter Laws:

> > Can't really say if N1MM/MMTTY resembles xlog/gmfsk, because I have
> > never used a windows environment for hamradio. If you have gmfsk running
>
> The N1MM/MMTTY combo is pretty slick.  Basically, N1MM uses MMTTY as a
> RTTY "engine" and handles all the logging (and dupe checking, scoring,
> etc).  MMTTY also has a fine interface of it's own - I made 350 QSOs
> in MMTTY alone during last year's WPX, so it's functional!

There are some ideas by Tomi, the author of gmfsk, to enhance xlog <->
gmfsk interactivity. It's called the 'simple logging protocol'. The
basic thought is to add a tcp/ip socket to xlog, so the log can be
queried just like a database (but much simpler). Then we will have a
2-way datastream which opens a lot of possibilities. Maybe it will
appear in xlog-2.0 :-)

Regards,
Joop PG4I