Re: [Xlog-discussion] compiling

From: Joop Stakenborg
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] compiling
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 08:09:27 +0200 (CEST)

> I have recently installed Mandrake 10 and unfortunatly the latest xlog
> will not compile.
>
> I notice it uses gtk= 2.4.0, but Mandrake uses 2.2.9.  Are there any
> special reasons for using the recent version of gtk+ ?

Yes, xlog now uses the new filechooser widget, see:
http://primates.ximian.com/~federico/news-photos/gtkfilechooser-20030901.png

There are several reasons I wanted to use it.
- easier to program
- better usability
- you can add bookmarks
- I have planned to add a preview widget for viewing log files

I am also using the new gtk+ API for the menus and optionmenu's which are
much better.

> Upgrading to a more recent version of gtk+ has too many other
> ramifications.

I guess you should upgrade to mandrake 10.1. It has gtk+2.0 version 2.4.9.

> Adrian
> --
> Adrian Blake
> Molonglo Radio Observatory