Re: [Xlog-discussion] Log contents fail to display

From: Joop Stakenborg
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] Log contents fail to display
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 20:19:32 +0200

Op za 04-09-2004, om 07:01 schreef Ron Patterson:
> I discovered xlog today. I built version 0.9.7 on fedora core 1 from the
> source rpm. What a nice program! This is the most fully featured logging
> program yet for linux. I exported my log of 7815 entries to an adif
> file. I opened it from xlog and all the contacts are there. I did get an
> error message during the import though. It is: ** (xlog:3071): WARNING
> **: Unable to convert 'JOS? MERCED (PEP' to UTF-8: Invalid byte sequence
> in conversion input.

Nothing to worry about. It means xlog can't convert the "accented e" to
a displayable character. Most probably because it is not available in
your language settings.

> The problem I am having occurs when I save the imported log as log.xlog
> and exit the program. When I start xlog and open log.xlog, no data
> appears in the log window. If I cat log.xlog, all my data is there. I
> can load the adif file, add contacts and save the adif file with no
> problems. Xlog just doesn't display any of my log when I load the
> log.xlog file.

Interesting! Could I have a look at your adif file? Please send it as a
zipped file in a private mail and I will see what I can do.

> Any help would be appreciated.

Sorry for the late reply, I have been away for 2 weeks.

> 73,
>
> Ron W6FM

Regards,
Joop PG4I