[Xlog-discussion] Log contents fail to display

From: Ron Patterson
Subject: [Xlog-discussion] Log contents fail to display
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2004 22:01:09 -0700

I discovered xlog today. I built version 0.9.7 on fedora core 1 from the source rpm. What a nice program! This is the most fully featured logging program yet for linux. I exported my log of 7815 entries to an adif file. I opened it from xlog and all the contacts are there. I did get an error message during the import though. It is: ** (xlog:3071): WARNING **: Unable to convert 'JOS? MERCED (PEP' to UTF-8: Invalid byte sequence in conversion input.

The problem I am having occurs when I save the imported log as log.xlog and exit the program. When I start xlog and open log.xlog, no data appears in the log window. If I cat log.xlog, all my data is there. I can load the adif file, add contacts and save the adif file with no problems. Xlog just doesn't display any of my log when I load the log.xlog file.

Any help would be appreciated.

73,

Ron W6FM