Re: [Xlog-discussion] gmfsk, xlog and adif-compliance

From: Joop Stakenborg
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] gmfsk, xlog and adif-compliance
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2004 08:26:40 +0200

Andrea Borgia wrote:
Hello.

According to this page http://www.eqsl.cc/qslcard/ADIFContentSpecs.cfm, "Throb" modes should be exported to ADIF without the trailing number indicating speed (throbs/sec)

I guess xlog is simply taking the information passed by gMFSK and dumping it to file, so I'm quite puzzled as to what the best course is: on one hand, the speed indication is quite important (think psk31/63 here) so I wouldn't change gMFSK, on the other the adif exported file should be correct.

Should I just patch it to drop the number when exporting to ADIF?

Hello Andrea,

It might be best for xlog to keep the information it receives from gmfsk, so it can be used in the normal log. We can then convert it to adif specification when saving as adif. If you send me the conversion needed, I will add it to the next release.

TIA,
Andrea.

Regards,
Joop PG4I