Re: [Xlog-discussion] KPSK

From: Ernest Stracener
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] KPSK
Date: Mon, 05 May 2003 08:33:27 -0500

Hi Dave. I'm the documentation writer for the kpsk project...what you are describing sounds to me like your soundcard "listening" on the wrong input. Open Kmix & with the radio on & KPSK running, click on the dark red button/LED under the slider with the green triangle icon above it....if that doesn't work, experiment with clicking on the other red buttons/LEDs under the sliders until you see something on your waterfall. From the manual:
"4.7.

Blank/Black Waterfall, Audio Signal Present

Check and adjust waterfall sensitivity setting

Check and adjust sound mixer settings using the KDE application KMix (or your favorite audio mixer application). You may be ?listening? on the wrong line or your mixer input levels may be too low; adjust mixer levels.
"

If this doesn't work, let me know -- I'll work with you to get you up and running again.

73-
Ernie, kg9ni

Pastor-kc1di wrote:
Hi all,

Having a problem now with KPSK-- I had it working a little then over the
weekend I decided to reload Red Hat and make the Machine a linux only
machine got rid of Windows on that one.  but The problem is when I reloaded
KPSK it will now not receive anything.  no signals on the waterfall at all..
The transmit function works fine. get good audio out on TX.  Can here the
input signal from the sound card and other wise the sound card seems to be
working fine.  used the latest RPM for KPSK and now don't know where to look
for the problem.

any help on this one would be appreciated by this Linux newbie. 73 Dave kc1di