Re: [Xlog-discussion] xlog printing bugs

From: Bob Lisbonne
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] xlog printing bugs
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 17:57:07 +0000

On Mon, Aug 19, 2002 at 07:22:02PM +0200, Joop Stakenborg wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Aug 2002 15:21:09 +0000
> Bob Lisbonne <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Aug 19, 2002 at 05:10:21PM +0200, Joop Stakenborg wrote:
> > >
> > > which version do you have? I remember we had mixed-up columns
> > > in version 0.6, but this was fixed in 0.6.1.
> > >

> > Thank you for the reply. I am using version 0.6.1 on a PC running Red Hat
> > 7.3
>   and printing to an HP DeskJet.
>
> Really strange....
> I have just compiled and installed 0.6.1 (running a 0.7 beta myself) and
> checked the output (gv ~/.xlog/log.ps) which seems to look okay, columns
> have the right order.
> Just for double check, what's the output of "xlog --version", maybe there
> is an old version floating around somewhere? Please also check
> /usr/local/bin. Just want to make sure you are indeed running 0.6.1.
> You could also check ~/.xlog/preferences, there should be a version
> number.
>
> Joop

Thank you for going to the trouble of compiling and installing 0.6.1 to
investigate. Based on the following, it still appears that I am running 0.6.1,
as opposed to 0.6 by mistake.

address@hidden bob]$ xlog --version
xlog version 0.6.1
address@hidden bob]$ which xlog
/usr/local/bin/xlog
address@hidden bob]$ /usr/local/bin/xlog --version
xlog version 0.6.1
address@hidden bob]$ grep version .xlog/preferences
version 0.6.1

Also, the xlog About box says the version is 0.6.1.

I am printing to the "letter" paper size, and to a printer (not a file), if
that helps.

thanks,
--Bob