Re: [Xlog-discussion] Fun with adif and twlog (xlog 0.7-beta2)

From: Stephane Fillod
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] Fun with adif and twlog (xlog 0.7-beta2)
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 20:11:40 +0200

On Thu, Mar 28, 2002, Joop Stakenborg wrote:
> I guess Stephane could test if he can correctly read his twlog files
> and see if he can use it for general logging. Printing won't work yet,
> as the column titles will be messed up. However, I can't really say
> if it is safe to start using xlog instead of twlog. I have done
> couple of tests and all seems okay....

xlog reads twlog files like a charm. The switch is now complete.
I'm so happy. Thank you very much!

> I noticed a small flaw in the adif code. When the remarks column is
> empty, it will be filled with the entry in the previous column.

AHA!
fixed in the attached patch :-)
Also in the patch some misc fixes, and the flog column with is bumped from
8 to 15 chars.

> I have started to work on the log-editor, so we can use free fields
> in the log and add/remove columns.
> The safest (and probably also the quickest) way to get things going
> would be to make a copy of the current log, with new columns added.
> The copy will have some other name, so the original file will not
> be touched. Lateron, you can decide to remove the old log, if things
> are okay.
>
> Does the seem like a good way?

sounds good. The multi-log ability of xlog is to prove to be very
useful. Maybe the log-editor should also be fired up at logfile open time?

Happy easter,
Stephane F8CFE