[Xlog-discussion] Re: xlog 0.6 release candidate 1

From: Joop Stakenborg
Subject: [Xlog-discussion] Re: xlog 0.6 release candidate 1
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 09:00:35 +0100

Stephane wrote:

> Hi Joop!

Hi Stephane!

> Sorry for Sunday evening. I was not ready. The PTT of my rig is controlled
> through the parallel port, and no psk31 software seems to support that.
> I'll have to switch to the serial port.
> However, I haven't copied your signal. No mfsk modulation either.
> I hope to get better luck next time.

Too bad. I have had a succesful QSO with Ted in psk31 and Tomi in both
psk31 and mfsk. Mfsk is really amazing. I could hear Tomi's signal dissapear
into the noise (the band was closing) and still copy him.
Let me know when your rig is hooked up, so we can give it another try.

> On Mon, Mar 11, 2002, Joop Stakenborg wrote:
> > So, I would like to kick out version 0.6. I have fixed some remaining
> > (minor) bugs in beta7. The program has a nice feel again and I think
> > it will be a good starting point for the big changes coming up, like:
> > additional fields, log editor, regex search and dupe checking.

> Yepee! additional fields!
> The rc1 looks quite good indeed.

I have a running 0.7beta1 which can read al those additional fields.....
The QSO frame wil adapt to the number of fields in the log.
Still some work to be done though.
The liblogfile library is great! Once I got a grip on all those pointer
arrows, reading flexible logs is wizardy.

> Here're my find out:
> * when you open a new log, add a QSO, and close the log, the GUI won't
>   warn you if you didn't saved the modified log.

Must have forgotten to update logwindow->logchanged. Will have a look.

> * The Open file is a must. Would it be possible to choose the log file
>   type in the dialog window? I guess a "Save as..." is planned also,
>   with the ability to select the log file type too.

Yes indeed. Can you live with the current 'Open file' dialog in rc1?
It assumes you want to open a *.xlog with the standard (flexible) file format
for 0.6 as defined in logfile.c.

> * integration with Hamlib is quite neat :^)
>   Note: the S-meter seems broken with my icom. I'll see what's wrong by
>   raising debug level and let you know.

Yes please. Works like a champ on my kenwood rig....

> * About mode changing with Hamlib. Say the mode is USB, TX RST 59.
>   Now, you set CW on the rig. Hit the "Mode" button, the mode field turns
>   to CW, but the TX RST stays at 59 (599 expected).

Strange thing. The only thing imaginable is a bug in glib. I will rewrite
that section a bit, maybe it helps.

> > Ehrm... also looking for a french translator for fr.po, anyone?

> Well, sure I can. The fact is I'm pretty busy on coding :)
> "Aller, il y a bien un francophone qui va nous faire ca, non?"

Pas de problem. I will ask Jean-Luc Coulon, F5IBH, who did previous
translations.

> Cheers,
>  Stephane F8CFE

Thanks for the test!
Will upload a rc2 soon. There is also a bug in rc1 which prevents you from
using the up/down arrow when a QSO is selected in the log. Xlog will freeze
after a couple of key hits (don't try this at home).

Cheers,
Joop PA4TU