Re: [Xlog-discussion] Multiple log quicky (0.6 beta 3)

From: Stephane Fillod
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] Multiple log quicky (0.6 beta 3)
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 23:55:37 +0100

On Sat, Mar 02, 2002, Joop Stakenborg wrote:
> > Next step is to add ADIF/etc. support to liblogfile.a. Too bad logconv is
> > written in C++ and not using Lex&Yacc. liblogfile could have been shared.
> >

> Logconv (at least the linux version) is in a bad state. I have not seen
> any uploads for linux in the last year, although the windows version
> has been updated now and then.

IOW, not reusable directly. Just to peek around for obscure file format.
Thanks GPL.

> It is a nice idea to have a library for different log format support.
> Maybe you can distribute it seperately, once it has proven it's work
> inside xlog....

Why not. But this is not my intention right now. However, if it has to be
done in the future, better make things easier on the current code, as long
as it's not a burden to xlog.

> > If you're QRV tomorrow, let me know what band, I have a Friday off.
> >

> Can you do CW, or some digital mode? Maybe Sunday evening?
> I have taken my antenna down for 80 meters, but 40/30/20 meters
> would be okay. Can't do SSB, no microphone.

Huh, no microphone? is it broken :))
I can only do CW at 13wpm (higher is possible but not reliable. hi.)
Digital mode should be okay with some hookups on my side.
For Sunday evening, it was too late since we spend some time outdoor to
enjoy the nice wx.  I'm really bad on 80m, 40m tend to be crowdy from
times to times. Why not 30 or 20 meters. Do you have a frequency in mind
to watch?

> Strange, works fine here, see the code in hamlib-utils.c:
>
> if ((g_strcasecmp(state.rigmode, "CW") == 0) ||
> (g_strcasecmp(state.rigmode, "RTTY") == 0))
>     state.rigrst = g_strdup_printf("5%d9", smax);
> else
>     state.rigrst = g_strdup_printf("5%d", smax);

I wanted to try it again, with xlog-0.6beta6, but compile fails on
callbacks.c (--enable-hamlib was NOT specified on configure command line):

gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I/usr/include/gtk-1.2
-I/usr/include/glib-1.2
-I/usr/lib/glib/include -I/usr/X11R6/include    -g -O2 -Wall -c `test -f
callbacks.c || echo './'`callbacks.c
callbacks.c: In function `on_preferencesokbutton_clicked':
callbacks.c:224: `logcoloryesno' undeclared (first use in this function)
callbacks.c:224: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
callbacks.c:224: for each function it appears in.)
callbacks.c:247: `logsplit' undeclared (first use in this function)
make[3]: *** [callbacks.o] Erreur 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/fillods/RA/xlog-0.6beta6-f8cfe/src'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Erreur 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/fillods/RA/xlog-0.6beta6-f8cfe/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Erreur 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/fillods/RA/xlog-0.6beta6-f8cfe'
make: *** [all] Erreur 2

Sorry, I haven't had time yet to peruse the source to find the problem.

73's
Stephane