Re: [Xlog-discussion] Suggestions on XLog

From: Joop Stakenborg
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] Suggestions on XLog
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 08:59:29 +0100

On Sun, 3 Feb 2002 10:42:30 -0600
Bryn Joynes <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi,

Hi bryn.

> Have been looking at writing a logging program for linux for sometime, but it
> looks like I might not have to write one now.  You have a great base to
> improve on with XLog.  So if I maybe as so bold to suggest the following.
> Please excuse me if these have already been suggested.
>
> 1. Multiple logs
> 2. Dupe checking within a log
> 3. Search ability with parameters.

Yes, 1 and 3 will be in the next version. You might want to keep track of
upcoming beta versions, which are announced on xlog-discussion. The next
beta will have a search function, so you can comment on it.

> These additions would make a great basic logging and contest logging program.

I have not thought about dupe checking before. Would be an interesting point.
I will add it to the TODO list.

By the way Bryn, if you know a bit of c and/or gtk, you are happy to join
xlog development. There are 2 people contributing at the moment: Stephane, F8FCE
and myself. Development is done by distributing patches and beta versions before
a new version comes out, but we will probably have CVS in the future.

> Best Regards
>
> Bryn
> N4VM FP#200 "oo"

Regards,