Re: [Xlog-discussion] first 0.6 beta release

From: Joop Stakenborg
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] first 0.6 beta release
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 11:25:17 +0100

On Fri, 1 Feb 2002 10:44:31 +0100
Stephane Fillod <address@hidden> wrote:

> > Here is the changelog (check it out Stephane!):
> >
> >   * Migrate to automake 1.5 and gettext 0.10.40.
> >   * Minor bugfixes. Saving of window size and position now works correctly.
> >   * Add hamlib support. You must call the configure script with
> >     '--enable-hamlib', to compile with hamlib. A page has been added to the
> >     preferences dialog, where hamlib can be activated and a radio and port
> >     can be selected. The frequency of your rig can be displayed in the
> >     statusbar.
>
> Great! I got to check it out right now!
> Note: I haven't looked at yet, but could the frequency field in the
> QSO window be filled by the frequency from the rig? Or maybe when the
> "Frequency" button is clicked?

Hi Stephane!

I first had the frequency displayed in the MHz box, but this will
prevent you from adding non-live QSO's, because the field is constantly
updated. Then I tried to add a stop/start hamlib function (stop hamlib
when the MHz field is edited and start it again when a QSO has been added
or updated), but this turned out to be an ugly hack.
So now it's a MHz-button which you can click and a constantly updated
box in the statusbar.

> However, I've been working too much on Hamlib lately, and haven't made
> much progress for xlog. I hope I'll be able to code the flexible logfile
> format over the beta1 this week-end, and send you a patch.

Don't worry if you can't find the time. I have enough work for xlog
for the coming week(s) and I like the way hamlib is progressing.

> Also, there's a hamlib.m4 file in preparation, to be used by xlog for
> example. This will make it easier to build xlog when hamlib is not
> installed in a standard place.

Great!

> Cheers,
> Stephane F8CFE