Re: [XForms] Problem with fdesign (fdesigns menu bar) (fwd)

From: Clive Stubbings
Subject: Re: [XForms] Problem with fdesign (fdesigns menu bar) (fwd)
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2021 02:27:35 +0100 (BST)

Hi,

There has been a regression in the xorg libX11

It is likely this is your issue - it was spotted in one of my xforms programs a
few weeks ago by one of my users.

XStoreName used to tolerate a NULL pointer (it checked before using it). New
code has been added ahead of that check.

If your system has recently updated its libraries, thats likely the cause.

I believe it has now been fixed upstream thanks to the person who spotted the
problem feeding the cause back to the developers and a new version should come
through in due course.

If you need a quicker fix, hack the library to make sure it doesn't pass a NULL
pointer to XStoreName.

Cheers
Clive