Re: [XForms] Question about fl_set_object_label

From: Michal Szymanski
Subject: Re: [XForms] Question about fl_set_object_label
Date: Thu, 13 May 2021 08:32:55 +0200

On Wed, May 12, 2021 at 09:45:30PM -0700, Coby Hochstein wrote:

> Can someone please give me a complete sample function that passing
> in the value for the label...
>
> In this format, .. becuase calling it multiple times doesnt remove
> the previous label from showing.
>
> void set_label(char *label)
> {
>  fl_set_object_label(FL_OBJECT *, label);
> }

This code snippet is surely wrong, it would not compile. It lacks
properly given first arg of fl_set_object_label() which should be a
reference to the object (button or whatever) which label is to be
changed to the value given in the second arg. Instead, "FL_OBJECT *"
is just the type of the argument, as in a function
prototype/declaration.

I have never had problems with changing labels.

regards,
Michal.
--
  Michal Szymanski (msz at astrouw dot edu dot pl)
  Warsaw University Observatory, Warszawa, POLAND