Re: [XForms] infrequent address exception in XCreatePixmap, FYI

From: Jens Thoms Toerring
Subject: Re: [XForms] infrequent address exception in XCreatePixmap, FYI
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2020 08:06:22 +0100

On Wed, Mar 04, 2020 at 07:20:32AM +0100, ternaryd wrote:
> On Tue, 3 Mar 2020 15:36:08 -0800
> Wow, I didn't know, that xforms is supported on
> Mac, nor that it is supposed to be thread-safe.

As Macs nowadays run a UNIX variant it shouldn't be
impossible...

But XForms definitely isn't thread-safe, but if you do
all the calls of XForms functions from a single thread
you shouldn't have troubles.

> Anyway, I would recommend to use valgrind
> (tools memcheck and helgrind); this should
> provide more information.

Seconded. This looks to me very much like the result
of some memory corruption that happened before the
fli_init_stipples() function was invoked.

                      Best regards, Jens