[XForms] Can one speed up an idle_callback ?

From: Peter Rowat
Subject: [XForms] Can one speed up an idle_callback ?
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2018 16:53:20 -0700

I have an animation where each graphic (re-)display takes about 11 X 10^-5 seconds, as measured using clock().
This is called via set_idle_callback, and gets called about every 33 X 10^-3 seconds ( 33 milliseconds).
In those 33 ms the display could be called a maximum of about 300 times!

Is there any way to have an idle_callback routine called faster? I’d like to have it 10 times faster than at present.

I’ve tried setting idle_delta to a low value  — 100 or 10 or 1-  but it doesn’t make much difference.
Any suggestions?

Peter R