Re: [XForms] Suggestion for docu

From: Jens Thoms Toerring
Subject: Re: [XForms] Suggestion for docu
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2017 14:47:12 +0200

Hi Thomas,

   thank you for making me aware of this!

On Sat, Jul 22, 2017 at 09:40:32PM +0200, TG wrote:
> A small clarification may be helpfull for new users.
>
> Chapter 32.4 Object Attributes
>
> fl_move_object() can be used on an object group, because every
> object in this group can be set relative to its position.

I've opted to add the sentence

  Note: if applied to an object representing a group
  (as returned by @address@hidden()}}) all objects belonging to
  that group are moved.

to the end of the description of fl_move_object.

> Moving all group members to a single position is not usefull, so you
> shall use fl_set_object_position() only for a single object.

I've added

  Applying @code{fl_set_object_position()} to an object representing a
  group (i.e., as obtained via a call of @address@hidden()}})
  has no effect (as a group has no position and moving all objects in
  a group to the same position does not make much sense). Using
  @code{fl_get_object_position()} on such an object leaves the content
  of the @code{x} and @code{y}  pointer arguments unmodified.

Do you think that explains it well enough?

                        Best regards, Jens