Re: [XForms] Pre-release xforms-1.2.5pre1

From: Jens Thoms Toerring
Subject: Re: [XForms] Pre-release xforms-1.2.5pre1
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2016 16:09:22 +0200

Hi Michal,

On Sat, Mar 26, 2016 at 07:21:39PM +0100, Michal Szymanski wrote:
> I have found a strange configure problem on Fedora 22 (32bit).
> The check for the Xpm library version apparently fails, saying
>
> checking for X11/xpm.h... yes
> checking xpm header version... ./configure: line 13418: fg: no job control
> .

I'm rather puzzled where the "fg: no job control" bit is coming
from since there's no invocation of 'fg' anywhere in the
configure script (or at least I haven't found one). And all
I've got at line 13418 is

       sed -e 's/^"%%%"\(.*\)"%%%"/\1/' -e 's/ //g'`

> and then, in the summary:
>
> == Version . of the Xpm library is a bit old.
>    If you experience strange crashes with xforms, try to upgrade
>    to at least version 4.7 (aka 3.4g).
>    If you have installed a newer version of the library, check whether
>    you have an old xpm.h header file in your include path.
>
> I do have the latest libXpm version 3.5.11 and its "devel" companion.

I haven't found any explanation for this and on my system this
doesn't happen with what looks like the same version of libXpm
installed.

Since, as far as I can see, the configure script checks for
the version of libXpm available on the system by looking at
the xpm.h header file it might be interesting to compare your
version with the one I have. Could you send me your version of
that file?
                        Best regards, Jens