Re: [XForms] pre-relase xforms-1.3.12

From: Jens Thoms Toerring
Subject: Re: [XForms] pre-relase xforms-1.3.12
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2014 11:43:00 +0200

Hi Oskar,

On Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 09:18:15PM -0700, address@hidden wrote:
> The file xforms-1.3.12.tar.gz with datestamp 25-Jun-2014 19:21 does
> not compile due to issues with pthumbwheel.h :
>         thumbwheel.c:41:33: fatal error: private/pthumbwheel.h: No
> such file or directory
> I have not found a simple way to get rid of the error; thus I leave
> it up to you to upload a version which has this error fixed.

Sorry for the inconvenience, my mistake (had forgotten to up-
date one of the Makefile.am's)! There's a new version of the
tar ball that also contains some more updates, e.g. arbitrary
font sizes can now be picked in fdesign.

You might be a bit unhappy with the new version since the new
default fonts are a bit wider than the former X11 bitmap fonts.
I went with the DejaVu fonts since they are free, don't look
bad and have a lot of glyphs, which will be a bonus when UTF8
support will become available (I'm currently working on that).

But, as I already wrote, I'm not sold on those fonts, if there
are reasonable alternatives that mimic the old fonts better, we
could use them. Just let me know.

                        Best regards, Jens