Re: [XBoard-devel] xboard feature request

From: Alan Bennett
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] xboard feature request
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2016 18:03:11 -0500

Yes that's fine. I don't need auto-display, but maybe someone else would want
that. If I can click in the menu to get it, that's good enough for me.

My use case is this: I extract initial fen from endgame books. Many endgame
books in one epd file, sorted by material balance, with custom opcodes. Then I
hold down Alt-Shift-Right until the (approximate) endgame of interest appears.
At this point I want to know the source and the author evaluation. Right now I
have to look at the index in the xboard title bar and then open the epd in a
text editor and goto the line number.

Anything that saves me having to open the epd in another application would be a
big help.

--
Alan