Re: [XBoard-devel] v4.9.x bugfixes

From: H.G. Muller
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] v4.9.x bugfixes
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2016 11:07:08 +0200

Op 7/29/2016 om 12:00 AM schreef Arun Persaud:
I could do that this weekend. Let me know if that's OK and if v4.9.x is
ready or there are any plans to add more.
I am not aware of any outstanding bugs, or it must be that disambiguation of Pawn non-captures in Xiangqi is a bit illogical on writing. (When two Pawns can move to c5, e.g. by c4-c5 and d5-c5, in would write the latter (correctly) as dc5, but the former as plain c5 rather than cc5.) I solved that now by adding the disambiguation rule on reading that forward push takes priotity. It is not completely clear that this is a bug, and in any case a fixwould be rather bug-prone, soI wanted toleave it at that for now.

I still have a patch in the parser that would allow pasting of 'UBB format' Xiangqi games (as exported by standard JavaScript Xiangqi viewers) directly into XBoard. This isn't really a bug fix, so I did not commit it to the v4.9.x branch.