Re: [XBoard-devel] Fwd: 4.9.0 what's new

From: Arun Persaud
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] Fwd: 4.9.0 what's new
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2016 14:03:16 -0700

Hi

> I remember that Arun had problems too when using a tiling WM. And that a
> new option -fixedSize that I added would mostly solve that. (It would
> pack clocks and board into an extra container widget with a fixed aspect
> ratio.)

fixedsize doesn't seem to be the right thing here... It really fixes the
size, which is not what a tiling window manager does... the WM just
maximizes the available space, but if you have other windows open, it
shares them between them, e.g. if you you have only one window open it
will maximize to the whole screen, but if you have two open, it will
shrink the window to half the size  (you can switch between horizontal
and vertical splitting)... you can add as many windows as you want and
then either each window gets 1/N of the width or height or you can do
more complicated windows, where one window has say half the screen, and
the other create a say a 2x2 matrix of windows, etc...

I think what would fix it would to have call a second exposure call once
XBoard started up.

Arun