Re: [XBoard-devel] C89/C99/ANSI compliance - cleanups needed?

From: H.G. Muller
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] C89/C99/ANSI compliance - cleanups needed?
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2016 08:47:12 +0100

I think WinBoard should run under wine; I vaguely recall some people were doing that, and I did not receive any complaints. I know some people are making MinGW cross compiles on Linux for their engine. Their binaries only work if you then also install a 6MB DLL that is the MinGW cross compile of libc, however, and I don't consider it a viable option to put that in the binary WinBoard distribution. But for testing if you have broken the WinBoard build it seems fine.

Op 1/12/2016 om 3:57 AM schreef Tim Mann:
> does cross-compiling the code using mingw work, ie. building windows executables on linux that could be tested in wine?

I think that should work, but I haven't tried running WinBoard in wine for ages, and I don't think I ever tried cross-compiling for mingw from Linux.