Re: [XBoard-devel] C89/C99/ANSI compliance - cleanups needed?

From: Thomas Adam
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] C89/C99/ANSI compliance - cleanups needed?
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2016 21:39:18 +0000

On Mon, Jan 11, 2016 at 10:32:52PM +0100, H.G. Muller wrote:
> The only solution I can see is that you would do what you thinks needs to be
> done
> in small chunck, so that after each one I can test of the code still builds
> for WinBoard.

I suppose so.  But it already increases the barrier-to-entry for
developers if they have to keep track of this---especially for systems
which they don't have access to.

So for now, I've no choice but to summarily check I haven't botched
this.  I just don't like the idea of effectively making you the sole
person who has to check all of this.

It also becomes increasingly difficult to maintain the Windows code for
anything other than small changes as well.

So I'll see how I get on for now, but when I do start committing, be
advised I'm likely to break XBoard under Windows, and not intentionally.

-- Thomas Adam

--
"Deep in my heart I wish I was wrong.  But deep in my heart I know I am
not." -- Morrissey ("Girl Least Likely To" -- off of Viva Hate.)