[XBoard-devel] Next XBoard release

From: H.G. Muller
Subject: [XBoard-devel] Next XBoard release
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2015 23:45:48 +0100

As I am a bit out of touch, and the v4.8.x branch has not been updated for a very long time...

Would it still have any use to bring out a 4.8.1?

I remember having fixed lots of bugs in the master branch the past year, but I don't remember exactly which. I have been using the development version all the time, and the new features in there have been working OK for me. As a consequence, I have more confidence in the master branch, than in the latest v4.8.x, and certainly in a patched v4.8.x where I would cherry-pick bugfixes from master without truly remembering what I have been doing.

So wouldn't it be better to forget about v4.8.x, and release the master branch as v4.9.0?

H.G.