Re: [XBoard-devel] C89/C99/ANSI compliance - cleanups needed?

From: Tim Mann
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] C89/C99/ANSI compliance - cleanups needed?
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2015 18:45:20 -0700

That sounds like an OK idea to me. xboard has a long history and at one time needed to be able to build with K&R and/or other older compilers. I doubt there is any need for that anymore. I don't have a strong opinion on exactly which version of the ANSI C standard would be best to target.

One thing to be careful of is that the code shared with WinBoard needs to build with whatever Windows compiler(s) we care about. At one time that was some old version of MSVC that I owned a copy of, then that plus gcc. HG will hopefully weigh in on what compiler he uses.