Re: [XBoard-devel] [solved] save position dialog box

From: Chris Bannister
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] [solved] save position dialog box
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2015 02:16:13 +1300

On Fri, Jan 30, 2015 at 01:05:19AM +1300, Chris Bannister wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 28, 2015 at 10:26:37PM +0100, H.G. Muller wrote:
> >
> > Chris Bannister schreef op 1/28/2015 om 7:30 PM:
> > >
> > >e.g. I start it in dir x/y/z, but when saving a position the dialog
> > >seems to assume I'm in x/y and I keep having to choose z *each* time I
> > >save a .fen file.
> > This is weird, as for me it definitely does NOT do that. That it does it
> > each time is normal;
> > the file selector is called in a mode that does not change XBoard's current
> > directory.
> > (If it did, this could have all kind of nasty effects on filenames that were
> > given earlier
> > through a relative path.) But is should have opened in x/y/z all the time,
> > not in x/y.
>
> The directory path in the title bar of xboard is always correct. When a
> dialog box opens it seems to have a list of recently used folders, for
> example one directory which I could choose was the directory in which I
> started xboard, while the other was the Downloads folder.

OK, I found the solution

http://askubuntu.com/questions/63202/can-i-stop-apps-from-selecting-recently-used-by-default-in-file-chooser-dialog

I changed the setting in the '.config/gtk-2.0/gtkfilechooser.ini' file
from 'StartupMode=recent' to 'StartupMode=cwd' and voila! it is now
working the way I want. \o/

Not an xboard issue, but handy to know for the archives.

Unfortunately it looks like GTK3 doesn't have that option. :(

oppressing." --- Malcolm X