Re: [XBoard-devel] Logging messages to and from server

From: Svetlana Tkachenko
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] Logging messages to and from server
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2015 00:58:39 +1100

H.G. Muller wrote:
> a terminal window, which usually has its own logging possibilities
True, thanks! After some search, I had resorted to bash, in case anyone else is
interested:
1) tee xboard.in| xboard -ics -icshost freechess.org|tee xboard.out
2) tail -f xboard.out xboard.in | ts '[%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S]' >> xboard.log

P.S.
H.G. Muller wrote:
> Usually what appears on the console is mostly garbage. There must be a
> reason why no one ever asked for a logging facility in all these years;
> it would be rather trivial to make one.
I just try to save the chat and log to remember who the players are if I ever
forget later. I am not good at nicknames.

--
Svetlana Tkachenko