Re: [XBoard-devel] [xboard 4.8] Naming and installation of xqwood/xqboar

From: Sebastian Pipping
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] [xboard 4.8] Naming and installation of xqwood/xqboard.png
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 16:37:40 +0100

Hi!

On 09.12.2014 02:34, Joshua Pettus wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Harm posted a message in this thread, stating he will be absent for a
> little bit.
> http://www.open-aurec.com:8080/wbforum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=53308
> (On that note I wish his wife and him the best of health)
>
> Thanks, I completely forgot about that code that was put in.  I can
> update the OSX Xboard and XboardXq packages right away.  I have been no
> stranger to doing silent updates.

If that means releasing two different versions under the same filename,
please take my vote for using different names in the future :)

> I am almost never happy with the
> packaging XD.  And not many people use that part of xboard anyway so no
> point waiting.  As to fixing the app bundle script. I’ll wait to see
> what harm does with it on his end and make changes if needed.  (I
> already have little bit of a list of patches I would like to go into 8.1)

Where can I see your changes online?  The rename needs propagation to
the files referencing the old name.  Have you take care of those?

Is my understanding correct we're only talking about the OS X package
not generic upstream xboard?

Best,

Sebastian