Re: [XBoard-devel] Gettext localization will work with the osx app!

From: Joshua Pettus
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] Gettext localization will work with the osx app!
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2014 01:55:31 -0400

Hmm,  Well I clearly don’t have a clue as to what I’m doing
I added these lines to xboard.c main() (mimicking what HGM did for SVGDIR)  I know they would have to be put in ifdef ENABLE_NLS but I just want it working.

#ifdef __APPLE__
    {   // prepare to catch OX OpenFile signal, which will tell us the clicked file
char *path = gtkosx_application_get_bundle_path();
theApp = g_object_new(GTKOSX_TYPE_APPLICATION, NULL);
strncpy(dataDir, path, MSG_SIZ);
snprintf(masterSettings, MSG_SIZ, "%s/Contents/Resources/etc/xboard.conf", path);
snprintf(svgDir, MSG_SIZ, "%s/Contents/Resources/share/xboard/themes/default", path);
   + char localeDir[MSG_SIZ] = LOCALEDIR;
   + snprintf(localeDir, MSG_SIZ, "%s/Contents/Resources/share/locale", path);
suppress = (argc == 1 || argc > 1 && argv[1][00] != '-'); // OSX sends signal even if name was already argv[1]!
g_signal_connect(theApp, "NSApplicationOpenFile", G_CALLBACK(StartNewXBoard), NULL);
// we must call application ready before we can get the signal,
// and supply a (dummy) menu bar before that, to avoid problems with dual apples in it
gtkosx_application_set_menu_bar(theApp, GTK_MENU_SHELL(gtk_menu_bar_new()));
gtkosx_application_ready(theApp);
if(argc == 1) {                  // called without args: OSX open-file signal might follow
    static char *fakeArgv[3] = {NULL, clickedFile, NULL};
    usleep(10000);               // wait 10 msec (and hope this is long enough).
    while(gtk_events_pending())
gtk_main_iteration();    // process all events that came in upto now
    suppress = 0;                // future open-file signals should start new instance
    if(clickedFile[0]) {         // we were sent an open-file signal with filename!
      fakeArgv[0] = argv[0];
      argc = 2; argv = fakeArgv; // fake that we were called as "xboard filename"
    }
}
    }
#endif

knowing that below there is

    bindtextdomain(PACKAGE, LOCALEDIR);

and to xboard.h

+ extern char localeDir[];

It compiles but it doesn’t find the locale folder like I hoped…

Any ideas, or is what I’m doing complete gibberish?
-Josh