Re: [XBoard-devel] GTK Developer needed - GSOC 2014 regarding

From: H.G. Muller
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] GTK Developer needed - GSOC 2014 regarding
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2014 19:58:29 +0100

Arun Persaud schreef op 3/5/2014 6:55 PM:
At the moment it's mostly HGM who contributes code and myself who does the releases. HGM: would you have time for this? Arun

Yes, I think I would have time to advice/mentor some work on XBoard. I also think it could benefit XBoard a great deal: I have no experience and not enough knowledge on GTK to solve the remaining problems, so basically the GTK version has just been lying around for about a year without any progress.

I just don't know anything about this GSoC stuff, and whether any paperwork would be needed on our part. I looked up in the Wikipedia what it means, and I got the impression that there has to be a 'mentor' of the organization (i.e. GNU) who would rank all the proposals of that organization.

H.G.