Re: [XBoard-devel] ICS console

From: Tim Mann
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] ICS console
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 15:06:01 -0700

I always wanted to replace the use of the terminal in xboard with an ICS Interaction window like the one I had in WinBoard, but didn't get around to trying to code it. (I probably would have gotten stuck on the colorization issue if I had, though.)

Anyway: I realize you've gone beyond that now with a feature of separating chats from different players. I don't know what you have in WinBoard now, but generally, don't you want to make xboard and WinBoard the same in this area (using whatever ideas are best from both)?

On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 10:45 AM, <address@hidden> wrote:
Op Ma, 18 maart, 2013 6:30 pm schreef Arun Persaud:

> sounds good to me, but then again I'm still using the terminal and neither
> the chatbox or the ics input box. But reducing the number of windows
> sounds like a good idea...

Note that this is aimed at eventually (and possibly very soon) making the
terminal disappear. Perhaps first only in the GTK version. If you don't
want to be taken by surprise on this, it might be good to have a look at
the replacements...