|Subject:||Re: [XBoard-devel] XBoard -- 'Study game' mode and GTK.|
|Date:||Wed, 11 Jul 2012 11:11:20 +0200|
On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 7:19 AM, S. A. Albert <address@hidden> wrote:
- What is it: it is a kind of 'edit game' where all plies (moves) are stored
- (accumulated) in a tree of plies and a cursor could be moved to some node of
- the tree to decide which position is displayed. The tree of plies is displayed
- in a specific X11 window (similar to the history of moves window) with the
- cursor highlighted. The tree of plies could be saved apart from the original
- PGN game file. When a newer PGN file of the game is downloaded, the tree of
- plies can be reloaded and edited again.
- I cloned the git repository to analyze the source-code in order to find how I
- could implement the 'study game' mode.
- (1) Is there some Doxygen make setting so I can browse the source-code
- data-structures and functions ?
- I was wondering for which -- X11 and/or GTK -- front-end it's better to
- implement the 'study game' mode depending on current status of GTK port and
- future maintenance of the X11 front-end.
- (2) Which is the GTK port state ?
- (3) Will the X11 front-end be maintained when the GTK port is stable ?
- I might give a help for the GTK port, if needed. Please, let me know.
- (4) Which branch should I 'git checkout' into ('gtk' or 'gtk-xt') to build the
- current GKT port ?
- (5) What is the correct contributing process (for the 'study game' mode) ?
|[Prev in Thread]||Current Thread||[Next in Thread]|